Friday, January 29, 2010

Love, Lust & Friendship.



It was 3.18 am when I switched on my notebook. I was telling myself,"Okay, 10 minutes Adi. No later than that." I log in to my addicted website- Facebook to read and reply notifications which I had received. As soon as I was done, I decided browsed the "News Feed" section to get updates from my fellow friends. Then something caught my attention; My 1st ex-love, whom I broke up with 2 months ago, was already in relationship.

I was like .. " Haha, nothing surprising." Zebras can never hide their stripes, as they are born with it. I log off from Facebook & switched off my notebook. I toss & turn without realizing it was already 4.10 am. God damned it, I would be working in few hours time & still I could not sleep.

There were many things running through my mind. Partly was my ex-love relationship status, the things I had discussed with my Alfiah Gang, earlier that night and the pondering thoughts of Love & Friendship I had while I was on the back back home from gym. Oh ya, we (Alfiah Gang) were sharing our views on my "Friend-a-Fit" article and how I could improve on my blog. Then I came to realize, the whole junk that was running through my mind, were related to one another. Without wasting time, I got my ass up from the couch, leaving my two sleeping buddies aside (my pillows if you are wondering) and head to my bedroom to reach out for my
treasure box.

As I was puffing away and at the same time walking in circles in the kitchen, I tried to put all my thoughts into one piece. The more I tried to analyze them, the more wisdom of thoughts flowing in my mind. It was like; you're fixing a jigsaw puzzle & out of nowhere, tonnes of other pieces threw at you to make it complete. I knew I got to hands on, as to not lose those information that I had in my mind. Instantly, I switched on my notebook again & the next thing I knew; I was blogging.

I began by reflecting the thoughts that I had on the day before. I had been pondering a lot about Love, Lust & Friendship. Bubbles of opinions first produced when I out-of-the-blue pondered "Would one chooses Love over Friendship or Friendship over Love?"

There was a particular time, I posed this question to a BFF of mine. We were playing our favourite game at our favourite spot, Alfiah Coffee-shop. It was a quiz game where we would ask each other random questions (life, political, social etc.) and when one answered, others would rate his answer in the given time frame. The winner would obviously be the one that could gave the most intelligent answer to his question. Wasn't that easy for dude. LOL.

So my question went something like this, "Imagine you are a firemen & you could only save 1 person in a fire-fight. Would you save your Best friend, that had been there for you all these while. Or your Only true Love-partner, that if you don't save him, you will never find any true Love-partner ever again."

I glowed with an evil smile when I saw my BFF stuttering in answering his question. He answered that he would save his true Love-partner. Reason being, you can find Best friend anytime.

Nice, I thought. Although it wasn't the same answer that I was thinking, his answer was still a good one. I gave him a good score. My opinion was; If I were to choose between Love and Best friend, I would choose Love. This is because, a true Love-partner consists of a Lover & a Best friend. Whereas a Best friend can only give you the best companionship but not intimacy.

That leads me to another element; Lust. What if the Love that I had found was new, and unsure if he/she could stay long in the relationship? Then I would rather choose my Best friend instead. This is because, it could be Lust that I was unconsciously looking for in my partner, when I first met him/her, and thus I had called it Love.
"Love for Lust in Love" Hmm.

I'm no Guru-of-Love, but my previous 1st love had taught me about, more-or-less something that I had longed been searching for; Relationship. Not as if I'm going to die without it but, at times I feel that I need it. My "need" doesn't solely means "Sex/Making Love" but, an observer or close companion that could tell me my progress in Life. Need I remind you guys that, I'm not an expressive person or to be precise, I'm not a good communicator. I can't easily translate what I'm thinking or feeling most of the times even to my BFFs. Just simply difficult dude.

By having a partner, one could express himself & get immediate feedback on his personality. However, keeping a partner isn't as easy as it seems, thanks to the demon that called "Lust". True friends could also give you immediate opinions or feedback, however they can never be the ones that could give you a the intimate touch or entertain your queries most of the times.

The next blog I'll go in detail on Love, Lust & Friendship. Oh ya, I'm gonna give updates on "friend-a-fit" in friendship", as what I truly think of it.


Till the next blog; with Loads of Love - Adifazely.


No comments:

Post a Comment