Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Homeless - Part 2



Looking at The Heart of the Case.


As what been mentioned earlier, in "Homeless - Part 1", both children of "Homeless- Aged Parents" and bread winners of "Homeless - Family Nucleus" stand the accused of the predicament. Need no explanation to vindicate their irresponsible actions, it is clear that their family value significancy are at questioned and no doubt it is the root to the whole stigma.

Whatever that could have attributed to their low degree of significancy in family value issues, I believe it has much vis-a-vis to their past experiences in their growing up years. It is all about what they have been taught over the years and how the past surrounding conceives their perceptions.

Nevertheless, in order to tackle this stigma from worsen, healthy sets of family values have to be instill in children at the very young age. Parents should teach their kids the importance of family values, eg. the act caring and sharing, in order to be able to achieve a stable and harmonious family.

I believe this is the first step to take, in not only overcoming the 'Homeless' predicament, but also to promote a prosocial society in Singapore.


So What's Next?

I think the Ministry of Community Development, Youth and Sports (MCYS) should emphasize more heavily in the importance of family values as well as commemorating "Family Day". This is to emphasize the importance of family members and thus, hopefully, Singaporeans in near future would learn to spend their money wisely- having the people they love as a consideration to their unnecessary spending- and not be homeless.


Why,Now, I Do Not Want A 4-Room Flat? (Derived From "The Homeless - Part 1")

Reading from the first three paragraph of Part 1, you could see that what I actually wanted back then- play house and own room- was my own personal space. And over the years, I am fortunate enough to be brought up by a single mother that instilled good sets of family values in me. Having said that, I have learnt and understand that nothing could be more important than your own family members. Now, I feel that I don't really need my own room because my family members are already part of my personal space (Of course not implying to showering and such). I am fine, comfortable and grateful in waking up early in the morning to see my mom sleeping 2 metres away, every time I opened my eyes from my sleep (aww).


Till the Next Blog; With Loads of Love - Adifazely.

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog you got here. Great articles.

    And you spend way too much time editing your pictures la.. Haha wanna exchange links to increase both of our readership?

    ReplyDelete